Attorney-at-law Józef Banach is among the best tax law specialists in Poland, focusing on international tax law in particular. He is also a renowned expert in double tax treaties and transfer pricing. He has many years of experience in corporate structuring gained in numerous advisory projects. His practice in representing business entities in proceedings before administrative bodies, administrative and common courts is extensive.
Józef has played the role of:
- Head of the International Tax Cooperation Team at the Ministry of Finance,
- seasoned Ministry of Finance representative in negotiations of double tax treaties on behalf of Poland,
- Senior Manager and leader of the Tax Litigation and International Tax Law Team at PricewaterhouseCoopers,
- Member of the Presidium of the Tax Council of the Polish Confederation of Private Employers Lewiatan,
- author of numerous publications on Polish and international tax law, including Poland’s Double Tax Treaties, and co-author of the Transfer Pricing monograph,
- counsel in numerous victorious cases before administrative courts, including one of the largest personal income tax cases (refund of approx. PLN 40 million).